Friday, August 16, 2013

Dining Room Chairs Get a Facelift - Part 2

If any of you follow me on instagram you know how much I enjoy changing out the laces on my nike frees, seriously, I'm obsessed!



So when I saw the tie backs on my new slipcovers, that I posted about here, I immediately thought about my laces and it happened....BOOM, best idea ever!  
Yes, I even said to myself "I'm a god damn genius." 

So the plan was to switch out the boring white ties on the slipcovers for some colorful ones. Ahhhhhhhhh such a fun idea! Still so stoked about it. 






I hauled ass over to Jo Ann Fabric's in search of some sort of fabric to use.  I came across these three different roles of ribbon and I couldn't commit to one color so I decided to buy all three to test them out. 


Let the switching begin...



After I removed the white ties I laid them out on the table so I could cut the new ribbon to size.  


Time to lace it up...



Voila...I am loving the yellow! 


Then I did the two other chairs in the green and teal so I could see which one I liked best.  

                 



I was having major trouble deciding which color to go with and then it hit me "you dummy, why not keep them all different? That way I can get the best of all 3 worlds."  

It is such a fun and unexpected little tweak to something that I probably would have never thought to change if it weren't for my darn sneakers. I love how inspiration can come from ANYWHERE, even a sneaker fetish. 



I am really enjoying the variety!


So for now the plan is to keep each chair a different color until my crazy brain comes up with a new idea.  But hey, it only cost me 5 bucks so if I change it again, WHO THE HECK CARES!

  I will be back to share how I plan on decorating my place for Fall, now that I have gone SO colorful with my decor.  I will be sharing some tips on how to decorate with some "outside the box" (non-traditional) ideas. So, basically this means I won't be loading my table tops with orange pumpkins, black witches, etc. It's going to be a colorful holiday season this year and I CANNOT wait. I am determined to make the pinks, teals, and yellows last all year.  

Here is a sneak peek at some of my fall decor already in action...








4 comments:

  1. What a cute addition!
    So perfect and playful!
    Kerri at HollyMuffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interior looks fabulous. You have done great job with the chairs. I loved the multi-color concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chairs are so adorable!!! I absolutely love the fabric!!Luxury Beds and Mattresses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facelift Surgery Delhi, face lift procedure has helped enhance the lives of many. You will love the way you look and you will love the way you are treated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...