Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Sister's Family Room

I'm back and ready to get back in the saddle.  If you can remember I recently did a couple of rooms in my sister Holly's new house; her kitchen and her upstairs hallway {which still needs to be accessorized}.  We knew we wanted to attack her family room next.  This room is SUPER dark.  It has a brick fireplace, horrible dark brown trim EVERYWHERE and no lighting. 

Pretty STINKIN awful right??? At least you didn't see it when it was painted guacamole green. Right now it is a soft gray tone but we intend on painting it a deeper color once we get some other things done first.  Here are some shots of her space.




 Brown door to match the brown trim...lol....so bad!


Another brown door to their wash room and garage door....


Okay so here is what our plan is....

 FAMILY ROOM design PLAN

1. SELL THE HUGE Sectional
2. PAINT THE WALLS A DEEPER color
3. REPLACE THE BROWN trim 
4. BUILT-INS AROUND THE fireplace
5. INSTALL STACKED STONE ON THE FIREPLACE surround
6. INSTALL A GRANITE SLAB ON THE hearth
7. MOUNT THE TV ABOVE THE fireplace
8. INSTALL AN OUTLET FOR TV CORDS INSIDE THE Built-ins
9. CROWN MOLDING throughout
10. PAINT THE TWO BROWN doors
11. NEW furniture
12. POSSIBLY PAINT THE OPEN bookcases
13. STOCK THE SHELVES AND CABINETRY WITH toys/accesories


 So here is a photo I found on the www that I thought was a great representation of what we were all thinking in regards to the built-ins...  


I immediately sent this photo to my sister and her husband. They both loved the idea of doing built-ins or fake built-ins(store bought cabinetry trimmed out). I called up a friend to see if he was up for doing some handy work and he was on board. SCORE!!!! We sent this picture to him as well and he was able to come up with a budget and it was on like donkey kong. We were so excited to get started. He had planned on making the cabinetry at his house and then bringing it over a couple weeks later.  I'll be back with those pictures after the New Year!  I cannot wait to see how these built-ins brighten up the space. I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday and are looking forward to the NEW YEAR! 
2013.... WHAT??? I can't believe it's going to be 2013.  I feel like it was just 2000 yesterday when I was graduating high school...SOOOOO CRAY CRAY!!!! {as my cousin Erin would say...lol}.

I'll be back soon! Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...