Monday, January 21, 2013

My Sister's Family Room- Partially Done

Okay here's the moment we have all been waiting for, well the moment "I" have been waiting for... our semi-finished built-ins!!!! {Minus the mantel and fabric backed shelves}  

Well???? What do you think?

I couldn't resist posting this, I know we aren't finished yet but I just had to share some of it's awesomeness.  My sister was having a birthday party for one of her little ones and Don had just finished the stone and hearth so we decided to throw some accessories up there and showcase it.  It REALLY looks like a completely different room now.  



 I loaned a lot of the accessories to my sister because I just couldn't stand the shelves being empty knowing she was having a party.  We also decided on going with dark cabinet pulls to tie in all of the dark accents in the room. 



As soon as the party was over, my sister smiled at me and said "you can leave all of your accessories here for a while!" YEAH RIGHT, I am totally taking everything back....LOL! 

I am super stoked about this next part of the project.  We finalized our fabric choice to line the back of the shelves.  It's a gorgeous floral/damask print and it really pops with the new fireplace stone and hearth. Here is a glimpse of it...



I'll be back with another post to show you how we are planning to line the backs of the shelves with the fabric.  We might also paint them in case we get tired of the fabric and still want a punch of color.

There is still a ton to do in this room. 

Here is our list: 
1. New furniture (maybe a teal sofa)
2. Install the mantel
3. Paint the room a darker gray color
4. Paint the backs of the shelves
5. Line the back of the shelves with fabric
6. Accessorize after we get the new furniture
7. Fresh coat of white paint on the one brown door in the room and replace the other brown door.


That's about it!  I will take pics of the entire room for my next post so you can see the new molding and the existing furniture.  So sorry that it took me forever to post this, our whole family was battling the flu just like the rest of the world.

Soooooo.....what do you think? Are you dying to see that fabric in the shelves?  I know I am!  I will be back soon I promise...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...